Dear Church Family
The risk of seeing the COVID-19 virus spread and infect the most vulnerable in our congregation and community is going to be high for the next several weeks. MMBC will suspend all live gatherings and activities at church until after April 5th. We will re-examine our position at that time and communicate it to the congregation.
- MMBC will live stream our Sunday morning worship service on Facebook live and YouTube at the 10:15 AM time.
- Members are encouraged to switch over to the online giving option on the website or to give through your bank’s Bill Pay option if possible until we resume regular services. It is a safe and secure option to continue giving regularly and seeing that the church continues to meet its obligations.
- Those who wish to mail in their contribution can do so at: McConnell Memorial Baptist Church, PO Box 235. Hiawassee, GA 30546
- We will be posting online devotions throughout the week by the pastoral staff to encourage and strengthen our people.
- We have a group of volunteers who are willing to pick up medicine, groceries, and answer other needs as requested. People simply need to call the office and leave a message. We will try to respond as quick as possible.
This is a rapidly evolving situation and one that affects us all. Right now, we believe that this is the most loving and practical way we can “love our neighbor as ourselves”. As more information and guidelines come to light, we will adjust our position.
Walking by Faith and Not by Fear!
Pastor Steve and the McConnell Staff