WK1 Indifference vertical Click on the link for the pdf version
WARM UP: Choose a conversation starter for your group.
- Talk about a time you were criticized. How did it feel?
- Did you grow up in a more critical or encouraging home atmosphere?
WATCH WEEK 1 VIDEO
READ ABOUT IT:
“I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth. You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked.” Revelation 3:15-17 NIV
“… but the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful.” Mark 4:19 NIV
“I correct and discipline everyone I love. So be diligent and turn from your indifference. “Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends.” Revelation 3:19-20 NLT
THINK ABOUT IT:I’m indifferent when …
- I’m more concerned with impressing people than living for God.
- I’m obsessed with life on Earth rather than eternity.
- I rationalize sin and live without truly fearing God.
- I believe in Jesus, but I rarely share my faith.
- I only turn to God when I need Him.
- I’m not much different from the world.
THINK ABOUT IT:Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- Which cause of indifference do you most easily identify with—the illusion of self-sufficiency or the distractions of this world?
- Read Mark 4:19.What stands out to you from this list? How do these things “choke the word”?
TALK ABOUT IT: Choose a question to create openness.
- Which of the six “indifferent” spiritual challenges do you struggle with most?
- Read Revelation 3:19.How do you feel when you read this? Is there anything you need to turn from?
- Read Revelation 3:20.What would it look like for you to open the door to God in an area where you’re mostly indifferent?
- What stood out to you the most from Pastor Steve’s message this morning? Why that?
- What challenged you or caused you to think the most? Why that?
PRAY ABOUT IT:Be bold and pray with power.
God, after what You’ve done for us, we have no reason to live with indifference in our lives. Jesus, will You show us what You want to undo in our lives? Holy Spirit, please give us the strength to wake up every day in full reliance on You. Amen!
DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT:Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- What is something you can do tomorrow that will require faith?
- What will you do every day this week to destroy indifference in your life?
- Start the What Would Jesus Undo? Bible Plan with your group: www.go2.lc/undo