WARM UP: When you were younger, what did you dream about doing with your life? If you could live anywhere you wanted when you retired and do anything you wanted, where would it be and what would you be doing?
SET IT UP: Our culture says life’s value is found in what we achieve or what we accumulate. But those things eventually fade away. We each have a treasure chest full of life experiences that will die with us unless we become intentional about distributing our wealth. The value of your life is found when we share those experiences.
READ ABOUT IT: LUKE 12:14-21
CHAT IT UP:
1. Talk about someone who mentored or poured into you when you were young. What has that person’s influence meant to you?
2. What major successes or failures have you experienced in your life? How could someone else benefit from the wisdom you’ve gained from those experiences?
3. During the message, Pastor Steve said, “The value of a life is always determined by how much of it was given away.”How does that statement resonate with you?
4. Are there parts of your life that that you’ve been too embarrassed to talk about? What are the obstacles you face to opening up about those painful aspects of your past so that those coming behind you can benefit from them?
5. Are you currently leveraging who you are and what you knowfor the sake of those who are coming along behind you?
a. In whom are you investing?
b. In whom could you or should you be investing?
6. What can you do to begin leveraging your life experiences for someone coming behind you? How can this group support you?
7. What spoke to you the most from this morning’s message? Why that?
8. What challenged you the most or caused you to rethink something? Why that?
WRAP IT UP: The world asks, “What does a man have?” Christ asks, “How does he use it?” The longer you live, the more you have to give. When we come to the end of our lives, we want to know that we made a difference. We want to know that our lives counted for something. Invest your time in those coming along behind you.
The value of your life isn’t determined by how much you achieve or accumulate, but by how much of your life you give away. So, share your experiences and your wisdom with the generation coming after you.
You’ll be glad you did . . . and somebody else will be glad as well.
And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others. 2 Timothy 2:2